Thursday, August 21, 2014

"When men attempt bold gestures, generally it's considered romantic. When women do it, it's often considered desperate or psycho."

So as I have said before, my Love and I have been together for 11 years this September.  I have made the decision to go against tradition again.....and I am going to ask HIM to marry me.  This has been something that I have thought about off and on for about a year.  As our anniversary approaches I have really decided to take the plunge.  I know that a lot of individuals do not believe that this certain tradition should be broken, even to suggest the idea is taboo!  But it has never been my desire to live my life by others rules.  In fact, if you know me at all you know that I am the type that has to do things on my terms. Even if it means that I may get hurt.  So I am going to talk to some of our closest friends and family and reach out to them for support.  I want it to be creative, romantic, meaningful, everything that it could be.  How do I do that for him?  How can I make a traditional gesture matter to a non-traditional man?




I know that he is a private person, so I think it needs to be intimate.  Maybe just us, but with someone hidden to video tape it or take pictures.  I know where I want it to happen, it is a look out point at our favorite park.  We have taken pictures there for years, even with our daughter.  I have always envisioned a major milestone of some kind to happen there.  If I know him well enough, he would love that.  So I have worked through some of the details.  But what do I present to him? How else can I make it special for him?  Going to have to really dig deep, after so many years and so many different shows of my love, this one has to be the biggest yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment